Break Up Advice from BrokenHeartedGirl.com

Break up advice - The BreakUp Workbook is about Break ups and how to recover from one. BrokenHeartedGirl.com has Relationship advice about breakups, making it through a break up, how to mend a broken heart, divorce, therapy, break up help, breakup advice.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You are okay as you are.

Dear Broken Hearted Girl,

My sister and I went shopping the other day. We were having a good time picking out clothes, laughing and joking the whole time, and then when we got to the dressing room, all of the laughter stopped. We spent probably the whole time looking in the mirror and showing our 'flaws' to one another. When certain clothes didn't fit me because my boobs were too big, I complained. When certain clothes didn't fit her because she's shorter than the normal person, she complained. And let's not forget the pointing out of cellulite.

Keep in mind that my sister is a size ZERO and I am a size 3/4. We both work out and take good care of ourselves. Most people would KILL to have our physiques...yet we still manage to find something wrong.

Crazy? Absolutely.

I thought about that all week long and kind of got mad at myself.


We need to stop comparing ourselves at the airbrushed supermodels. It's not healthy. Men have seen 'regular' women naked (probably more than you and I have seen naked) and understand what a normal woman looks like. We all have cellulite, we all have pockets of fat somewhere and we all have stretch marks (well, a lot of us do). So don't worry what you look like naked and for pete's sake, DON'T compare yourself to supermodels. It's not worth it.

So my sister and I have decided to concentrate on the body parts that we love. And when we try on clothes, we'll feel lucky that even though we're not PERFECT, PERFECT, we have it pretty good...and we're healthy...which is the most important part!

Feel better!

MJ

Finding something perfect to wear is always a challenge. Say you are looking for some sexy lingerie but don't want to go to a store to look through everything you can't even try on anyway. Try shopping online for your lingerie. You can do it anytime and find something incredible, have it shipped right to your door and make sure it is right before you decide to keep it. I always feel better after shopping, especially when I can do it at home without any hassles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home